As of yesterday morning I am officially down 38 pounds and my waist is 5 inches smaller. Yay me! Now only I can see these changes but I think when I get to the first major goal of 50 pounds people will notice, or that's what I'm telling myself.
I haven't told many friends what I'm doing and I really am keeping this blog more for my own self motivation than any real expectation that anyone gives a rats ass about me losing weight. We all have at least one negative friend and since I know she will never read this (if it's not about her it doesn't exist) I am going to vent my frustrations out about her here.
She is big like me, and has been for most of her adult life and last week when I told her what I was doing about it, she came up with all the classic counter arguments that I did when I didn't really want to lose weight.
Nutrisystem costs money for the food, some of the food may not be to your liking, you will be hungry. All of this is to a certain point true. I do spend a couple hundred dollars a month on the food, but then so does anyone who eats every day of the month. If you don't love a food item you can return it (and here we went into a 5 minute discussion about how hard it is to get to the post office to return things and where I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration). And yes, going from 3,000+ calories a day to 1,600 will make you hungry. There is no denying it or getting around it. You are on a DIET. Diets take willpower and persistence in order to work and my first week on Nutrisystem was hard cause I was going from one lifestyle where the daily average was probably around 2,800 calories a day to 1,600 and it sucked! But after a few weeks my body has adjusted and I get the pleasure to see the scale go down little by little every day, letting me know that what I'm doing is working.
My friend then told me that she was going to do it the easy way and get the lap band. Now I don't really have anything against it if you have sincerely tried diets and all of them have failed (I have failed on weight watchers). But I doubt that she's aware that the lap band is anything but an easy fix. You have to go on a liquid diet before the surgery to lose weight, then continue to be on a liquid diet for up to 6 weeks after the surgery before you can eat solids and then for the rest of your life you are limited to what you can eat and how much. What I like about Nutrisystem is that if I want to cheat I can and will not be violently ill because of it, or threaten my body by over doing it by possibly stretching out my stomach.
Her final complaint to me was that Nutrisystem would tamper with her social life. Yes, it will. If your social life consists of going to out dinner 4 nights out of the week with family or friends where you consume 1,600 - 2,800 calories in one sitting, then any diet will hamper your social life. Since starting my diet I have turned down going out to dinner a few times cause the restaurants didn't have a diet selection and I am still too new to my diet to feel comfortable by splurging on calories/pounds that I just recently lost. So instead of torturing myself by sitting at a restaurant drinking water and craving all the food around me that I can't have, I stayed home, ate sensibly and asked that when my husband came home from dinner with our friends to stress how horrible the chicken tikka masala was and how I wasn't missing anything, and so far I haven't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment