Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 27

Tomorrow will be my fourth week of me being on nutrisystem. During this month there are several things that I have done differently from previous weight loss attempts (besides eating most of the nutrisystem food). I have logged everything that I eat, instead of just guessing like I used to do. This month I actually looked up every item so I was fully aware of each calorie I was intaking. I also have not exceeded 2,000 calories on any day (I did come dangerously close one day) . I have maintained my water intake which I usually near a half gallon a day. I have greatly reduced my diet coke addiction to one small can a day and have even skipped a day or two.
One thing that I have been failing on is exercise. Every weekend we still go on walks with the dogs or gardening in the backyard or cleaning up the house. Besides basic house maintenance during the week (dishes, laundry, etc.) we really don't exercise anymore and that has to change. Since starting to lose weight I have created a few goals and I hope to hit my first significant milestone by September 1, which means that if I want to insure that make it, I will need to start going to the gym at least two days a week.
Areas of my body are sort of like mirages, like is this area of my stomach smaller or am I just imaging that it is. It's hard to be certain if what feels like change really is. It could just be wishful thinking. Today I am wearing a shirt that I haven't worn to work in almost a year because it's a button up and puckers, but as I sit here typing this there is minimal puckering happening.
So for this next month, my goal is to not be as obsessive about the scale (yesterday I think I weighed myself at least 6 times; not good) and weigh once a day. To stick with 1,600 calories a day, to actually go into the gym and work out at least once a week plus weekends, and to try to forget that I'm actually dieting and just start thinking about other things like designs for jewelry and new techniques that I want to work on and put in my shop.

No comments: