Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 42

I was really getting discouraged by yesterday afternoon as my weight had stayed the same for 9 days and was thinking why put myself through this since it isn't doing anything, but this morning there was a change and I had dropped two pounds by 6:00am (since I couldn't sleep I weighed myself every two hours starting at midnight to watch the slow drop).
What has me a bit nervous right now is the amount of exercise I had to do to get the pounds off and how they might creep back by tomorrow morning.
My wonderful husband and I painted our spare bedroom which I use as my office for etsy. What I didn't know was that prepping and painting would take 11 hours to complete. I know we're not natural painters and we're both perfectionists but by 5:00pm I really didn't care if there were two small smudges of the blue paint on the white ceiling, but the great man that I married knew that once I had taken a shower and had a bit of energy, I would care, so we trudged on for another hour. The final result is wonderful and I will be showing before and after pics once the new flooring comes in on Sat (there is no way we're handy enough to attempt that so we've hired people to install).
According to Nutrisystem's exercise counter I spent over 5,000 calories painting. I don't believe that for a second, so I imputed 2,000, with my food intake for Sat near 1400 calories.
As of this morning I am 17 pounds from my first major goal. Two weeks ago I thought that it would be simple to be at this goal by the end of the month, but as my body has adjusted to the reduced amount of calories I'm taking in, I don't think that this is now feasible, so I have moved this goal date to 10/5, which will be the three month anniversary of me starting Nutrisystem.
I am hoping to reach my goal before that but I fear that I will need to drastically up working out and physical exercise in order to continue to lose weight.

No comments: