Since starting a diet on July 5th I am officially down 35 pounds. When I take myself out of the day to day drudgery of the diet I am shocked by how quickly I have lost so much weight. It did not take me 51 days to gain 35 pounds, but several years of eating too much every day to turn extra ounces into pounds, so the fact that I'm dropping so quickly is inspiring me to continue on happily.
Right now I am focusing my weight loss in terms of ten pound increments which will hopefully help me with the remaining 5 pounds in the series that I'm currently in.
A couple weeks ago I bought one new pair of pants a size smaller. Today I'm wearing those pants and they are a bit too big. This is great and I'm doing the happy dance. My goal tonight is to go home and start pulling pants that are the size that I was in July, try each on and depending on how big they are put them in a pile to donate, then find pants that I haven't been able to fit in and try those on. I am also trying not to look at fashion right now because I feel that it would be a waste of money to spend several hundred on clothing that will be too big come another 3 months.
And finally a year ago I bought a beautiful gray linen jacket from Macy's but could never wear it, even unbuttoned, that is till yesterday when I tried it on and it fit perfectly, and wore it buttoned all day comfortably. No one at work has said anything about any physical changes (I can barely tell changes and it's my body) but my mom thinks that that's because people are afraid to mention anything in case they're wrong and think that they might hurt my feelings, which I find funny cause I know I'm fat and I am fine with someone letting me know that I'm not as fat as I was almost 2 months ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment