Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 74 and I Give Up

I give up on people needing to notice change for me to be happy with my weight loss. This week has been depressing as I have gone to the gym several times this week, maintained my goals for sticking to 1600 calories and for all of that work and willpower I lost a pound. One little pound. 3,800 calories less than last Friday. It truly sucks.
But the reality is that I have a long way to go. If I weighed 180 then losing 44 pounds would be a significant change to my body, but for me right now 44 pounds is not that noticeable to anyone other than myself. So I need to suck it up and realize that until my pants can literally fall off of me that no one will really notice any changes.
So my weekend goal is to work out. The best husband is excited about tomorrow morning when we do 5+ miles with the dogs and then hit the elliptical for an hour. This is something that I came up with in a moment of weakness when I got off the scale this morning. I am so close to my goal but I will not make 50 pound loss by October 5th at this rate so I really need to ramp up the exercise like crazy on the weekends. Sunday will be another long walk and probably another hour on the elliptical. If I can do it for two days in a row I am amazing and should be rewarded with a two pound weight loss by Monday morning.

No comments: