Diets are a bitch. And being on a diet and female really is a bitch. It seems that no matter what I do physically or how good I am at watching my caloric intake there are certain times during the month that my body is holding onto calories like a fat kid holds onto a candy bar.
I decided last night instead of fixating on the scale that seems to be stuck, to attempt to try on things that I haven't worn in awhile to get a sense that the scale may not be moving but my body is changing. At first it was great. Three winters ago I bought a Ralph Lauren coat in their classic brown/white pattern that was too small across the bust and arms to wear. Now, it's a little big on me. Then I thought I would try on pants that were a size too big to start weeing out anything that was way too big. Out of the 15 pairs I put on, only three were too big to wear ever again. Those three are in what will hopefully become a very large pile in the next couple of weeks as I get close to the first major goal of 50 pounds gone.
Tomorrow morning we're going on a 5 mile walk and on Sunday either the gym or another long walk cause I am so close and I know that if I push it I will force my body out of this rut and into a new series of goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment