I am now six pounds to my first goal of 50 pounds down. There are real signs of change. My stomach is smaller, pants are loose, I'm wearing clothing that I haven't attempted to wear in years and yet... no one has noticed and it's starting to get irritating.
I want someone, anyone to make a comment that it is noticeable. That the changes that I see are real and tangible. Is it taboo to now comment on positive physical changes to a friend/co-worker, or am I so amazingly obtuse on societies codes of conduct that I notice when my boss gets his haircut or when someone is wearing the same damn skirt four days in a row?
Since I'm noticing and whining about my weight loss (sorry to anyone reading this diatribe) I'm going to reward myself for my first big milestone. Clothing seems wrong since the goal is to be 3 sizes smaller by New Years. I am planning on having Indian in a couple of weeks since I have been missing chicken tikka masala like crazy and should be working on 10 pound increments by then, but is it healthy to reward weight loss with food? But then I am on a diet that will probably last the rest of my life (will need to maintain 1,700 calories daily to make sure I don't gain again), with little bouts of freedom sprinkled throughout.
I could go for shoes and purses since they are always fun and will not be affected by weight loss. At this point I have a couple weeks to think about it.
SIDENOTE - just in the hallway with a co-worker talking about jewelry making when another co-worker walks by and comments on all the weight the person who I'm talking with has lost. Oof...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment