This weekend was fun. On Friday one of my bosses bought a mass of tickets at the arclight to go see Sex & the City. I had watched the show, not faithfully when it was on HBO, but well enough to know the plot and most of the characters. So 15 of us were there, cosmos were waiting for us and we got the nice lounge next to the bar cause one in the group has pull. Had our drinks and went in with 500 other women and 3 scared men. It was good. Like watching 5 episodes in a row. The part that I always hate is how weak and simple they make the men. Big took off? Really? Cause he wanted something smaller. Communication would have been helpful, but then it really wouldn't have made the other 2 hours of the movie as entertaining.
What was truly impressive/silly were the droves of women dressed to the nines coming out to see the movie. I get the group mentality of it, but the characters on the screen really aren't your friends. You're not all going to hang out at a fancy nightclub and contemplate why there are no decent men afterwards.
From there we had the bar at Delaney's on Hollywood, but I didn't want to go. I wanted to hang out with my husband and dogs cause the next day I went to Palm Springs. Palm Springs was good. Lots of wind. I had the eye facial and spa pedicure with paraffin wrap. Nice. I so love paraffin, it makes the skin so nice for a few hours. Hung out, talked and then drove over to Palm Desert to see what was in a bead store - trapped for a half hour by the owner who hadn't seen a customer all day and was now living in his store and had to talk. Yikes.
Finally escaped and met up with Chris. We hung out, went out to dinner at Wang's and the over to Toucans, which was right next to the Shilo, where we were staying cause Villas is now closed and there weren't any gay resorts that like straight girls to stay too. At Toucans we met James, who is 40 and his boyfriend who's much older. James didn't like my book idea, Money Grubbing Whore too much - he said that it was too close to what he is. Oh well.
From there, Chris dropped me off at the hotel and he went out and had fun till 3:00.
Next morning (yesterday) I woke up, WENT TO THE GYM! And then drank coffee and read a book in the lobby so Chris could get some sleep. At 10:00 we got ready and packed, headed over to Rock Garden cafe for the best brunch ever and then went home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment