There are aspects of not sleeping that I love. I love feeling alone in the world, if just for a short bit. I love when my brain becomes almost manic with the distractions of things to do, like upload pics onto my etsy store or finish a short story and edit a chapter in my novel. I also love that I can't wake up my husband who's never known insomnia and I doubt he ever will.
However tonight sojourn into insomnia decided to try and find former lives. Never a good thing. But I did find an ex of mine on facebook who was always much more a friend than a boyfriend and who my mother took great pleasure of always calling him Aloisius.
Tonight I'm also convinced that my time on this planet is short, or that's seems to be what's causing this latest bought of insomnia.
I want to live. I want to be around for years and years and have all my friends be really sick of my existence before I go to finally sleep.
So, I guess I'm not nice. It turns out walking ministers (for lack of a better phrase) don't like being referred to as extras in a Tennessee Williams play. But my argument is, if you're going to wear a bright oversized camel colored suit with a purple tie, you're going to be mocked. I'm sorry, I can't help it.
Of course I had to be an ass and ask him to read Luke 14:26 while I pumped gas - as far as I'm concerned if you're going to try to preach to me when I'm stranded I get to have you first claim that you're a disciple and then watch your face when you read one of the more salacious verses in the 'good book'. So tomorrow I have to get gas again and half wondering if the Tennessee extra will be there again.
I really don't mind what people believe just don't try to convert me. You don't see me and a bunch of atheist roaming the streets telling you to believe nothing. However I wonder what the wardrobe would look like, especially since most people preaching feel that the only way to take them serious in their faith is by dressing like they're about to be audited.
Well that's enough rambling for me right now. Back to go remove text from my mamma story so I can sell it on etsy this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment