I love the changes that occur this time of year. I love waking up and the house is cool, the sky is still dark at 6:30am and soon, very soon, I can start wearing sweaters and not look like an idiot.
Soon we can go on walks and not die of heat in the middle of a Saturday afternoon and the leaves will change. Ginko's and maples will drop their leaves on Huntington drive and a sense of relief as the year starts to wind down and get ready for holidays and tradition.
There are also other changes. Poo-poo and Susan are no longer here. They've moved and even though I know that there's nothing really holding me to them, it's sad to know that two people who have been a great influence on me are no longer readily available. And their home. I loved and was creeped out by it. It was old and dark at night with a slight smell of age and other lives. The living room was huge and Poo-poo and I would sit on the sofa and watch scary movies in the dark. It's so odd, Poo-poo turned 22 yesterday and is a Sr at Layfette, soon to be a man.
Other changes, a hair and makeup friend, Rebecca is also missing. I know where she lives still but she's no longer employed at the place where we'd meet each month to catch up on our lives. It's easier to find her, but this kind of change makes me wary. It's unexpected and completely out of my control, and jars me from my belief that all things that I like will remain the same forever. It's childish to think that, yet I still cling to the notion that things can't change without my nod of approval.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment