Friday, March 7, 2008

What to do

This week is almost over. Nice and quiet Friday afternoons here. A few meetings going on in the afternoon, but really, just a time to sit down at the computer, look out a window and type whatever semi lucid thoughts come to me.

Now that the shower is over with, in the next week or so my checking account will start to grow back. Currently all bills are paid, but the cushion that I've come to expect is gone. I feel 17 years old again, and not in the vibrant-I-have-my-whole-live-before-me-way, but in the do-I-have-enough-cash-to-eat kind of way. It's not that desperate, but its close.

One thing that I did stupidly with my money this week, was go to a jewelry class. When I arrived, the instructor just started putting stuff into my basket, so when the class ended I had the initial purchase of $35.00 but there was another $80.00 in merchandise and most were things that I didn't even use for the class.

So now I have lots of earring making stuff and a need to making earrings. Now, the earrings that I made were simple at best. 2 stones and a spacer in between, but the combinations and styles available are endless. Of course what I got were wires and other technical things, things like flat, round pliers I didn't get. Nor did I get any more gems to play with. I know if I go out I'll spend the last of my checking cash and that is something that I don't want, but I can't stop the little voice just wanting me to go out and buy.

There's another reason to wait - I have the PERFECT present for my friend Bob for his birthday. A bobble head of him. He would love it and I would love getting it for him. Bobbleheads are not cheap - who knew. I think I'm going to have to spend $125.00 next week for the gift. But the gift is perfect. I guess this is one reason why I'm not really working too much today - I want to come in tomorrow for some OT so I can afford the perfect gift.

No comments: