Haven't really written much and that's because since the last time I wrote there has only been 3.8 pounds down in 15 days. I had hoped that I would be near 60 pounds down by this point (8 pounds lighter than I am right now), but my body has adjusted to the diet and to the exercise and losing weight has become much more difficult. I feel like I'm clawing away at each pound and it's taking forever.
I also didn't realize that being on a diet will be a life long change. I had sort of thought that I would not eat as much and do a bit more walking then in a couple of months I'd be right where I wanted and life could go back to where it was. Not the case. What I have slowly discovered over the past three and a half months is that this will now be my life, or I will quickly climb back to my original weight. I will have to weigh myself every morning, watch what I eat and exercise every day and when I get to goal (the way that I'm losing now it will take a year to get to goal) I can't stop and assume that all will be fine, but will have to continue to weigh, watch what I eat and work out, the 3 W's is what I'm calling it.
Tomorrow is my 6th year wedding anniversary and tomorrow night I know I will be having a high calorie meal so we've already decided to do 4 miles on the elliptical in the morning and a 7 mile walk in the day to help counter the calories but I will be savoring each and every bite and be back on the diet first thing Saturday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment