As of today I have been on nutrisystem for two weeks. While I have not cheated by downing a gallon of ice cream or hunting up a cow to devour, or even having a meal over 400 calories during this time, I have not seen any changes that this is working.
Today I will be returning the scale we bought that died tragically after the second use and will be buying a more expensive and higher rated scale and maybe there I will see something telling me that what I'm doing is not in vain.
The one thing that I can be proud of is my willpower. On Friday some of my best friends hosted a movie night at their house with so many tempting treats (who makes kettle corn from scratch and, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and a cookie cake???) not to mention the smorgasbord of different grill meats and chicken skewers available and I said no to all. The only thing that I did have that night were two bottle waters. I have somehow successfully blocked the temptations and surprisingly it wasn't as difficult as I first thought it would be. I told myself 'not for me' and that was it. I also sat as far away from the temptations as I could and didn't even sit with some friends cause there were a few appetizers on the table, but instead ran interference between the kitchen and the grill, helping out instead.
The other thing I am noticing is how difficult it is to go to restaurants and Gold Class without knowing the calories in their products. On Sunday we saw HP7.2 at Gold Class cause it's the best theater in the area and the only one where the seats do not hurt my back and before we would order the calamari, a flatbread pizza, couple of drinks and some kind of dessert without thinking of the calories we were taking in. On Sunday we stuck with one flat bread pizza, the popcorn provided and diet coke. I guessed 500 calories for three pieces of pizza (each smaller than your fist) and the popcorn but I have no idea if I greatly underestimated, which is irritating.
Since day 9 I have slipped a few times and gone into the 1800 calorie range. It's discouraging when I do so well in the morning and afternoon but then at 5:00 something clicks and I become ravenous and devour anything not moving, and even though everything I eat is now on a diet list it still adds up and yesterday after eating 835 till 5:00 I lost it and ended up going to 1864 for the day.
For the next week or two my goal (beside trying to stay at 1600 calories) is to start to add exercise in every other day. I used to be a gym rat and would workout for 3.5 hours a day 10 years ago, but then I was working through pain and anger from a divorce and now I'm happy and my motivation is not the same. The other issue I have is how popular our gym is and there is no way that I'm fine with waiting 20 minutes to get on an elliptical for 30 minutes so the most obvious solution is to start going again in the morning at 5:30 where there are only a handful of people there and I can have my pick of the equipment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi there kcmisme, it sounds like you are really trying to make some positive changes using the Nutrisystem program. You may find it beneficial to check out our Dining Out Guides over at www.nutrisystem.com to gather ideas and suggestions for staying on track when making off-program selections. Additionally, don’t worry about counting your calories, as this is not a calorie counting program. Just simply eat everything that is specified by your meal planner and you should be good to go!
We can’t wait to hear additional updates from you regarding your weight loss journey and wish you much success!
Feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns or comments at moderator@nutrisystem.com.
Post a Comment