For almost two years I've been addicted to etsy.com and the amazing amount of one of a kind items and the personal touches that artist and crafters make. I myself upped the level of obsession 14 months ago by becoming a seller as well as a buyer and it has really let my creative side take over.
So today there was a baby shower at work and of course I went to etsy to help me out. I wanted to get my friend Bevin some unique items and a couple of laughs and succeeded on both counts. First she opened these little guys, which no one had ever heard of, but everyone enjoyed when she told them what they were. But then she opened this and tears were streaming down most of the people in the room. Several have requested photos of the baby wearing the onesie.
So as more and more events where gifts are needed, I go to etsy. I am positive that what I find at etsy will be more unique and special than almost anything commercially made.
So there is my two paragraph ad for my favorite site.
So the weekend will be here in 45 minutes. I don't know what our plans are. I know we had some but now I can't remember them. It's a little sad. Tomorrow I hope to go to a carpet shop or two to get quotes on installation of carpeting for the den and possibly two bedrooms. I'm still not sure what I want to do in the livingroom. I may ask my cousin Peggy to help me out with picking colors and deciding what to do.
I also want to start working on getting the front yard taken care of. I NEED trees planted. I can't stand the yard now and hate pulling up everyday to just see grass and no personality whatsoever.
So that's enough babble for now. I know people say this all the time, but I can't beleive how quickly this year is going. It seems faster and faster and as much as I'd like to put the brakes on things I just as much can't wait for October to arrive so we can spend our 4th anniversay at The Del.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment