So there are still some ramifications at work, even though the original change happened almost two months ago. My boss will be moving into the corner office next week and sometime after that construction on my new site will begin. That does mean that 6 consultants will be moved somewhere and that is still up in the air, so I'm not expecting any work to begin for awhile.
I'm in the public area still which I like being around people makes it difficult at times to view confidential files and work on budget issues so getting my new space where no one can read over my shoulder will be nice. Also if you press your head up to the window you can see the Warner Brothers tower in my new office area, however I really just have a great shot of the car wash across the street.
My pay increase that was supposed to happen 7 weeks ago looks like it finally went through. Very odd to have a title and yet feel a financial pinch as any OT for me is long gone with the beginning of a salary.
So now that I'm not sure what my new role as executive is, I still do parts of my old job, while giving other parts to the new me. So far things seem to be working out well - we'll see.
This is Dan's bday weekend and we're going to the beach either Sunday or Monday. It will be nice - we haven't had time to really just hang out and be together. It's great really liking your spouse and wanting to spend time with them. I don't know if it's just the decade between marriages, but I don't ever remember looking forward to spending time with the other one.
We are debating on taking the dogs with us to get groomed and possibly shaved to prevent hot spots. Eh.
So... I can't think of much else to write about. Still working on book and short story so I have things to do. Oh, I did complete last night my first travel pillow - I'm very proud of it and will be taking new pics this weekend of it (finished it at 1:00am this morning and had to put it up even though I had terrible light). Going to start working on a clock pillow next.


No comments:
Post a Comment