Today is my last day of bereavement leave with work. It has been weird taking this much time off, since the last real vacation I had was my honeymoon in 05. I've spent most of my time doing little things. I bought some vinyl decals and pictures from etsy for our entry way closet and hallway and I think they came out alright.

On Tuesday we had a private burial (on the 15th will be the memorial) for my grandma. I think we were hoping for a cathartic tear jerker. That didn't happen. Instead the minister that my aunt liked kept calling my grandma Mary instead of Marion and only said one personal thing about my grandma that she liked bridge.
After the service my aunt was pleased - I was as nice as I could have been (it was hard) but I suggested that instead of using a rent-a-minster maybe she should have gone with the minister that grandma knew for 20 FRIGGIN years. Someone who actually knew her and grandpa, could identify her in a line up. Turns out I wasn't the only one who felt like that.
My dad wasn't there - he has pneumonia and is close to being hospitalized himself. It sucks and I wonder how much time he has. We've been told several times that he's not going to be around for much longer.
My friends Mason and Isabelle came over yesterday. Isabelle wants to get involved with jewelry making. I think she's hooked. Mason made the mistake of putting his hair in pigtails before leaving. Sorry, but I have to share with the world.


No comments:
Post a Comment