Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Friday

Well this week has been interesting... unfortunately. My brother-in-law last week broke his left femur and elbow in a bicycle accident where most details are still not known. Yesterday he went home, after spending a week at the hospital. This means that the 7 minutes I see of my husband a day are not enough, as he tries to juggle work, friends and helping take care of his brother. I'm definately on the back burner right now.
I understand and agree that he needs to spend time with his brother and help out his family in any way that he can. It's quieting the emotional side of me, who is getting irritated that I really don't get any time with the happy-full-of-energy-Dan, but I get the tired-and-just-needs-a-break-from-life-for-awhile-Dan.
Today he took the day off to help out his father and brother so his mom could get a break for a day, since they haven't done anything but sit at a hospital since the accident.
I'm also fanitsizing about what chores I'm going to do tomorrow, since Dan will have to go to work at 5:00 tomorrow morning. There's the gym, which I desperately need to get back into my routine, laundry, dog beds, take dogs to the park then walk them, vacuum, dust, finish earrings for co-workers, etc. I just don't know what order to put everything in order to maximize the amount of time I have to do everything.
A month ago, I had signed up for a class and it's coming up this next week, however, my desire to learn this, is completely gone and I'm trying to think of ways to get out of it. I'm really tempted to use my grandmother's death as an excuse and let them know that we're holding a family memorial for her at the same time. Death seems to be the one thing that most people can use to get out of things. My grandma would just shake her head in mock horror if she was alive, so I doubt that she would care.
Weird things were afoot at our house last night. At 2:17 the tv turned on in our spare bedroom and the volume went up. I kind of noticed it, but Dan really did and it jarred him. He came in and woke me up to make sure that I hadn't gone into the room, turned on the tv and then went back to bed. I promised him that I hadn't. Then 40 minutes later my dream from the day before reappeared and there was a stranger in our house, wondering around. Dan also sensed it and went from room to room trying to find someone. If we took any kind of drug, we could blame the night on that, but we don't even take aspirin unless we have a headache. So for the remainder of the night we went from room to room, independently sleeping on sofas, trying to relax enough to get back to bed and back to sleep. If there is an inheritance, an alarm system may be a wise investment.

No comments: