My sister - Amy's shower is a little over a week away. Almost everything has been bought and confirmed. The cookbooks that I'm making for everyone attending are almost ready to go to print and I just need to call the bakery to confirm that they have my order and that I can pay them the day before I have someone pick up the cake. The only uncertainty is the weather.
Right now, I'm looking out a window watching the clouds behave more like dark, slow moving waves over the San Fernando Mountains. It is definitely my favorite kind of weather, but my mom talked me out of renting a tent so if the weather is bad come the day of the shower, we're screwed.
The other issue that I'm having is about my weight. I have gained a lot in the past couple years, happiness is not a great motivating tool for working out or doing anything outside of the home. Tonight I'm going to do weights again, like I did two weeks ago. I know I need to go to the gym. I like myself more, I feel great afterwards, I can actually sleep at night (for the past week I'm lucky if I get more than 4 hours a night) and my clothes, clothes that I have spent a fortune on, actually fit well. With all of these positive facts to support the gym, why am I always so reluctant to go?
The truly hard part of all the gaining is that very few things even look good on me any more. It's also depressing going to the mall and even a few of the woman's shirts don't fit well, if at all. I went shopping on Monday to look for an outfit for the shower and there was nothing at Macy's that even looked half way good on me. Very depressing. So now that the stress of the shower is winding down and will be gone shortly, I'm going to start focusing my effort to actually go to the gym. My goal for the remainder of 08 is to go faithfully 3 times a week. That's nothing compared to the amount that I went from 2000 - 2004, but I need to be realistic here.
Last Friday we were finally able to take my grandma out for Chinese food, which was her Christmas gift, since she can buy anything that she wants and there's little that she really does want, other than spending time with us. She seems to be feeling great and is much more like her old self. She still has pain in her stomach but it's not preventing her from going out and doing things, which is not where she was a month ago. I still think she has years left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment