Monday, February 4, 2008

Almost there

Well this weekend was spent either at a writer's meeting, work, a leather bar or stuffing my sister's wedding invitations.
Friday night I went out with friends to Oil Can Harry's on Ventura. I've been there a few times with my best friend and gay man, Chris. It's usually lots of fun. We go when it's a cowboy bar but Friday it was also a leather man compition and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence were there to bless the event. This was great, beacuse it opened up how my hero in my story (Kasio) would be able to destroy the vampire coven in my silly novel. So all Friday night I was itching to write, but I couldn't find a pen or paper and since it's a nightclub it would be odd if that's what I was doing.
Saturday was another writer's meeting. I'm retiring from the board at the end of this year and really lookingn forward to it. I've been a VP for 6 years, it's long enough and now I just want out. From the meeting, instead of being good and coming into work, I went home, took the dogs to the park then came home, put on pj's and did little for the rest of the day.
Sunday was raining so we couldn't take the dogs to the dog park so I did chores then headed into work, when I got an irate call from my mom insisting that I go over to her house and stuff envelopes with her, my stuffy aunt and a god-mother. Not what I would call fun. Dan taped the puppy bowl and at night we ate turkey chili that I prepped that morning and watched puppies running around like idiots - so friggin cute.
So now it's Monday and I'm itching to leave so I can go home and continue with chores

No comments: