Friday, January 18, 2008

I hate to bitch... but

Why are men so... I don't even know the words to finish this sentence. I work with men all day, and at times I love that there's so little conflict or emotional issues, but the knee jerk reactions and blanket statements to get me to do something are ridiculous.
Just now, I was just told that I have to follow a process for something that I don't even do. No. Not going to happen. If you do this for yourself, great just don't imply that I'm going to agree to your nonsense. Another 'boss' responded to an e-mail I sent, letting him and our telecom guy know that his phone was out. The 'boss' insisted that I call every executive to see if their lines were also down. Again, no. Not going to happen. The problem seems to be just one phone and I'm not going to waste my time and energy on this nonsense.
I even have 'non bosses' asking me to research items from 04 and 05 - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I have one boss. This one boss is my saviour and I platonically love and respect him. If he were to ask me to do any of the above it would have been done as soon as humanly possible. But, because I have such an amazing boss, he would never have asked for any of the nonsense that I get littered with daily.

Well, that wasn't what I was planning on griping about, but there you have it.

I have a friend, and I'm sure almost everyone has someone like this. Who constantly tells me what I need to do to fix/improve my house/life, so almost every conversation is more like an argument, where I'm defending myself and my choices.
We're going to put carpeting in our den this year. It's a third cheaper than hardwood linoleum floors, I won't have to clean as much (the carpet will be in the brown family) and will hopefully last the life of our dogs, which are destroying the current carpeting. I feel, like I'm giving information about my life out, to her, I'm telling her that she should correct me and the ways of my poor choice in flooring. Fortunately, this was an IM conversation and after 5 minutes I gave up and put myself as busy so I didn't have to argue with her as to what I want.
The reason why I feel a need to bitch right now is cause I'm seeing her tonight for a 'girl's night' where all of her 'friends' have decided to cancel so it was just going to be me and her. I didn't want that, so I've invited my best friend and his... boyfriend(?) to join us so I don't have to have another argument on what kind of flooring would be best for me. If I want to paint the walls black and make it a sex den emporium, she should just smile and tell me that it sounds festive.

No comments: