Friday, January 11, 2008

First of hopefully many


Well, I have blogged before, infact several times I've started, then forgotten my password or the site died and so did all my ramblings so here I am, I think the 5th time I've started to blog. I hope it won't be sporatic, but more of a weekly musing on my life, co-workers, friends and family.

Things to know about me. I'm female. 35 years old. Married to a rocket scientist. I myself work in the 'entertainment industry', about as far removed from the actual industry as you can get, but I still have a SAG visa so that might be something... but I doubt it.

We have two golden retrievers that we just celebrated a one year anniversary with this week. They got to go to doggie day camp twice because of it. The wonderful thing about doggie day camp are the lumps of brown carpet we get to bring home. They usually go on Fridays, cause Dan (that's my husband) and I tend to go out and feel guilt if we've left the dogs alone all day and then don't spend anytime with them in the evenings.

Most of the time we see plays on Friday nights, tonight we're going on a double date. Again, nothing there is really that exciting. If you're reading this I promise I'll mention celebrities that I see in the hallway or give out some good gossip if I happen upon it.

There are two big things happening in my life this week. The first is my grandma, a lovely woman who I lived with a few years back and recently bought her house, so it's in the family. She found out on 12/27 that she has colon cancer. She's already had the surgery to remove, but since she's 91, the dr's don't feel like she can handle the chemo pills to keep the cancer from spreading - already it's in her liver and lympnods. This is weird, knowing what will probably kill her and also knowing that there's little to stop it. The only bright spot is not knowing how much longer she has. She's strong and usually positive so I hope that there will be many years still.

I may be innocent in my thinking.

The other thing is my sister's wedding. I am not in the party (I'm a size 24 and shouldn't be in ANYTHING strapless) but I am hosting her shower. Now my first and second marriages were a fraction of the cost of this event. So far I've spent almost $1,000.00 and still haven't gotten anywhere near all the rentals taken care of. It will be interesting to see where my limit for this minor event will cost me, cause I'm near done already.

Well I don't want to bore everyone with all the minutia that's in my brain on the first blog so off with me for now. As a little gift to my stranger friends here is a pic of the doggies their first day with us. Enjoy

No comments: