So it dawned on me as I was driving into work today that in less than a month I'll be 37. I remember thinking when I was young that 40 was really old, and now here I am on the precipice and terrified of this number. A number that really doesn't mean much anymore, especially since 40 is not a heartbeat from death. A 2009 forty year old, is the equivalent of a 1809 version of twenty-two. Not a baby but far from being considered aged and decrepit.
I do have a goal for my birthday. Get the damn spare bedroom turned into a craft room. I had wanted to remove the carpet, get the room painted, buy furniture, install cabinets, etc. Now I'm just thinking fuckit, get it done so I can use the living room for what it should be and put my crap away. Just like a year ago, every time I come home I hate what I see when I walk in.
So this weekend I have to find time to buy a twin size sleeper sofa and see about getting a truck to rent so I can grab the furniture from ikea.
Jewelry is selling well and I in turn bought from other esty sellers. I am so grateful that etsy is pure fun money. I would be terrified/destitute if I had to support myself on a hobby.
So things to do. Dan is helping our friend John move back tomorrow so after the gym I'm debating on doing something not fun - gardening or doing something fun - Los Angeles bead district. I don't want to spend too much but I've been itching to go.
Sunday I'm going to be going to Santa Anita race track for a girl craft show - can't wait and I'll upload the link once I remember it. I guess with age the brain does become faulty.
Well must off, for a Friday I seem to be in a myriad of meetings today and I'm late for one right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment