Well, here I am. Another Friday.
For some insane reason, I can't plug in my itunes or ipod into my computer here and I'm really into music again. Currently in love with ludo. I just can't get enough of them. I also started buying songs from itunes. It can get very addictive as I remember how many songs I've missed over the past 15 years.
So this weekend is going to be annoying, as are all first Saturday's of the month, as I know that tomorrow instead of doing chores or hanging out in my pool, I'll be in another 8 hour writer's meeting. I love the AWG and have been a member and board member for 8 years now, but I am BURNT OUT. I need a break. I'm doing nothing for the group and I feel bad. However, my replacement for 09, our current president, just announced that he's moving back to NY to take over his Dad's law firm and is retiring. Crap. Now the new president is good, but far from great and my desire to leave is even greater now. I need to find my replacement in the next two months.
So anyone with a t.v. saw that SoCal had an earthquake. It wasn't that bad considering what they can be capable of. It's a little annoying that anything that happens here makes world news when I didn't really know about the flooding in the Midwest for weeks really, cause it's just not covered here, which really isn't fair. Why is LA so important? Why are we the blond cheerleader of the country? The best part was IMing my best friend in Georgia while it was going on from under my desk. Who says I'm not talented.
I kind of f'd up here. We have appeals today. It's kind of a big deal. I'm wearing crop jeans, definitely a no-no today. They are J Jill jeans and a light weight J Jill sweater, but still.
Oh, I went shopping yesterday. Bought a couple cute things from Macy's and lots from Lane Bryant. I now own both vests that they're selling. What's weird is how little sales people know about the clothing that they're selling. In The Devil Wears Prada, when Meryl is having her soliloquy about the origin of popular color, the audience gets it. It's not a fluke, yet to the sales people of Lane Bryant, a ruched shirt to them is the 'wrinkly one'. If the sales people aren't educated on what to call something then what hope is there for understanding. And more importantly, why am I caring?
Well, my other best friend (I must be 6 years old cause all my friends are my 'best friends'), is coming back from vacation on Sunday. I miss him, however, the bastard called only to gloat that I'm here in earthquakville and he was in Oklahoma city - see, how should he know literally 10 minutes after it happened to call me to gloat. LA is not that important so stop trying to make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment