Friday, May 16, 2008

Why do people insist on pissing me off

Ghugh! Okay, so I'm fat. I know it, the mirror knows it and guess what. I'm fine with it. If I wasn't then I'd be at the gym and really watching what I eat, because my weight is my fault.
So here I am, it's just after noon and I want a little snack so I get a small bag (already prepared by the wonderful people at Trader Joe's) and open it up. A consultant comes by and thinks he's being helpful by telling me that it'd be better if I just eat a cheeseburger or chocolate than eat my 14 almonds. Really? It'd be healthier really? How? Explain that to me?
Why do men (from what I've experienced it's men much more than women) think that they're being helpful by telling me that what I'm doing is wrong, even when there's not one ounce of proof that what they're saying is accurate.? Why? An explanation would really help me.
And it's just not with food. At 24 fitness (one of the many reasons why I don't go there anymore) the guys constantly think that they're being helpful by telling me that I shouldn't do wights or the elliptical because (fill in the blank), but I should do (fill in the blank) instead. Again, really?
One more time GHUGGGGGHHHHHH
On a happier note, my largest order (15 earrings) is complete and delivered, so that makes me think that my little hobby has the potential for more. I'm not planning on quiting my job over jewelry making but it's nice to know that several people here like what I'm doing and are repeat customers.
This weekend I'm NOT coming into the office. I've got work to do, and it really needs to get done, but I'm so burnt out on being here, which doesn't make a lot of sense, cause I took yesterday off and I'm going away for a night in two weeks. I guess it's the weather change.
Yesterday I took my mom to the http://www.pasadenashowcase.org/ - it was beautiful and like most of the other homes we've been at. This year marks my eleventh year taking my mom to the house for a mother's day present and still, every year we keep thinking that the first year was the best. It had an indoor gym, a wine room, a craft and music room. It had the most amazing pool and kid's room I'd ever been in. For the boy's room there was a fish tank in the bedroom that made up the shower wall http://www.fidm.edu/academics/majors/interior-design/showcase-houses/pasadena-1997/alumni.html - really, how cool is that!

No comments: