Friday, April 25, 2008

battle at work

It's weird, by most, heck, 85% of the people I work with I'M LOVED. For my birthday the CIO paid for everyone who was attending my lunch, which was 35 people. I'm the only person I know who can just order off the corp Amex card without any authority and not have a problem (this is something that I've never or will ever abuse). I've set up lunch accounts all over town, making it easy for my bosses and I get praised. Last week I got $225 from employees just for being me and for finding my way out of my mother 36 years ago.
Heck, a vendor just dropped off for me a crab salad cause he thought I would like it.
Now to the 15%.
The most I can guess is because I have such a strong, supporting group of people who do care about me here at work, and some being the top level of management here, that there are other departments who's bosses are... jealous? crazy? whatever?
I make jewelry, it's cheap crap ($3.00 - $20.00) for pretty much everything http://www.kcmisme.etsy.com/ and I love doing it. Several people asked that I bring my stuff in, so I obliged them, just to be caught by a crazy executive - a woman who doesn't know my name but gives me a look like I just pooped all over myself and I'm about to come in and give her a bear hug. This woman is TRIFLING, insecure and poisonous to getting anything done. Dead people are warmer.
Yesterday, during my lunch I took my jewelry down to her floor and she saw me, so she raised holy hell and I've been asked (and my boss agrees with me, that she just hates me for no reason and that it's not fair, cause several people sell homemade things to co-workers) to not sell so overtly in the future. I've agreed to this and I was already not planning on bringing in anything till June before my boss stopped by to let me know. It's not fair but there's little I care to do about it. What's funny is that my biggest fans are the CEO and COO's assistants who want me to bring in stuff every week for them to buy.

Done bitching about work. On to my family...

For my birthday, my parents bought me a sweater that's not flattering and a gift certificate to a favorite shop - they did good. Amy got me a gift certificate to a spa - great gift. My brother and his wife got me a 20+ year old plastic box that smelled and inside were 4 - 5 broken necklaces with beads and shells that were either broken or warped, one I remember was once my brother's. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? Chris, my evil genius friend, thinks I should make my sister-in-law a necklace for her birthday out of the broken pieces. However, I've thrown most of it out.
Well, that's enough bitching from me for one day.

No comments: