Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heat and Other Babble

Fall is here. Today is cooler than our record breaking heatwave on Monday. It's still not pleasant but I'm inside most of the day in a very cool office so I don't have much to bitch about.
I am looking forward to fall and to sweater. I love sweaters. I love the crisp air in the morning. The shorter days. Honey Crisp apple season. Walks on the beach. The whole thing.
September also brings back going to school for me so this year I've decided to take on a few new things. I haven't sung in years, mainly because I'm not a very good singer. But I like it and I think if I don't try to sing too loudly no one will be subjected to my voice, so I joined Towne Singers. The only part that blows is where they have their concerts. The church where... I don't even like to think about all that happened, even the good parts are tainted with the crap that ended up happenings. So I'm going to have to mentally get over it and just suck it up and deal.
I also decided to start ringing handbells again. Handbells is fun. I have loved ringing for years and missed it the past 4 years that I've stopped. The only problem that I have is skill with the music we're ringing and other players. I've rung for almost 25 years. I'm good. Really good. I can actually brag about what I can do in this one thing. Most groups are not to where I am and I have to be patient. But it's back and I know I'm going to have fun ringing again.
I've also started to learn how to knit. I love the knit part but the perl part BLOWS. What's fun is the person that I'm learning from was my handbell director for the 25 years.
Finally I'm taking enameling. It's fun. A lot of fun and the ideas for projects is growing daily. I already have ideas for what to make co-workers for holiday gifts as well as new ideas for my shop on etsy. I'm hoping I can start making necklaces and earrings by Sunday to list in my shop.
Oh yeah. The gym. Almost forgot. I'm going 3 - 4 days a week and lifting heavy. On Sunday I did back, arms and chest and wow, I'm still feeling it today. Tonight after bells we do cardio for an hour and tomorrow I do legs.
So that's it. Oh, I love this piece of music and it always makes me smile and I thought I would share
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxs9dXqzzxA

No comments: