So. Well I suck as a blogger. No posts for months even though pithy topics do pop up in my head, but then laziness sets in and I can't remember what it was specifically that I want to write about so I forget. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.
Well right now I'm sleep deprived. Badly. It happens sometimes. I will start thinking and then BAM, sunlight and I still can't seem to shut off my useless brain. Two nights ago I started thinking and I still can't seem to shut my eyes and just relax enough to sleep, and because of this lack of sleep obsessions start to happen. Most of the time they're rather harmless fixations like 'when I get home I'm emptying every drawer and not going to stop till I've organized my life.' Not bad but then usually 40 minutes into it, when all the drawers are empty on the bed and the real work of discarding items and folding clothes to go back in needs to happen that I realize what a horrible thing I've begun.
Now most of my obsessions begin when I'm at work, staring at my computer, completely sleep deprived and yesterdays started off innocently enough, I was looking on etsy for items and since I'm currently in a weird problem with another etsy seller I thought I would look up knitting.
I have no compunction to begin knitting. It's hard enough to find the time to focus on jewelry making as well as hanging out with my husband and our friends, why would I want to knit??? I don't know but the minute the idea settled in my brain all I heard for two hours was
MUST KNIT
I WILL BE THE KNITTING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD
I WILL KNIT EVERYTHING AND BE WORSHIPED FOR MY KNITTING SKILLS
The thing is, I've tried it a couple of times. Never really liked it. Got bored and gave it up. But not this time, this time I'm determined. As now I've gone almost 50 hours with 4 hours of sleep so stand back world as I try to figure out how to cast and what a purl is.
I need sleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment