
In the past week I've been on the front page of etsy TWICE!!!
Now, for most people the above sentence sounds nice but what does it really mean. It means that out of 600,000 etsy sellers there are only 12 positions on the front page. Most of these treasuries are only on there for a half hour at a time. So a precious few make it onto the front page if ever. There are forum after forum posts with people lamenting that they are never chosen and so for me, and for most any etsy seller being on the front is a huge honor and not something that happens often. In fact here's a chart showing what being on the front does for your views:
So an average day for me without being on the front page gets me around 70 - 100 views, whereas being on the front for a half hour I get between 400 - 600 views! Out of that exposure I've gotten 6 custom orders that I'm working on and I've had some pretty steady sales too!
Not going to quit my day job, cause I love it, but it's fun. For me, etsy is the ultimate video game.



No comments:
Post a Comment