On Thursday Isabel and I went and saw Spring Awakening - it was just as amazing as on the 2nd, when I saw it with Dan. It was also fun to see the actors relaxing a bit more, taking longer pauses for applause and enjoying their moments.
We sat behind Stephen Root and a group of his friends. Wow, this guy is nice. I went up to him during intermission and told him how sad I was to see that he had been killed the week before on True Blood. We spent a couple minutes talking afterwards. I've met actors both in my current job and when I worked at the Music Center and there are plenty of asses out there - Stephen is not one of them. It was also really neat to just see a guy really dig his wife/girlfriend. I remember being really impressed with Tom Hanks and his wife too. They just like each other.
So it's a Saturday. I'm in the office that is filling up with smoke from the fires that are just 10 miles away from us in Newhall. The sky is darkening and a brown layer of haze is all I can see, I can barely make out the mountains that earlier today I was able to see without any problem.
It's also way too hot. It's miserable inside and out. It's almost 90 in the office today and warmer outside. I don't like this weather in September and I REALLY don't like in mid November. We're less than two weeks till Thanksgiving and I look like a fool wearing a light weight sweater.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment